Friday, March 4, 2016

Who doesn't go to heaven?

It is certainly not my goal to take a passage of Scripture out of context. Or to confuse anyone or cause any unnecessary despair. I encourage you to read the surrounding contexts of the passages listed below.

But what I am doing is simply listing a passage penned by Paul, one by John, and another by Matthew that give evidence as to the nature of a Believer's life. 

Actually the passage from Paul and John may help shed light on how the passage in Matthew is true from a practical perspective. So many lay their head on their pillow at night and feel comforted that they are going to heaven, while they live in and love and enjoy their sin with no real love for Christ or true living for His glory. 

What does the bible say about who doesn't go to heaven?

I think so often people look for assurance of salvation by thinking back to what they call their moment of conversion and trying to discern if they "really meant it."  "Well, I'm not living for the Lord right now. I'm not going to church. I don't ever read my bible. And I'm living in sin. But I KNOW I'm a Christian and going to heaven because I remember walking an aisle and praying and asking Jesus in my heart and I just know that was real."

What does the bible say about who doesn't go to heaven?

Read these passages in succession. Then go back and consider them in their contexts. It is so important that we bow to the Bible's definition of Christianity, not what we 'feel' or 'think we know'. Scripture bears highest authority. What does it say about a true Believer?



Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. - Galatians 5:19-21

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." - Revelation 21:8

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. - Matthew 7:21








No comments:

Post a Comment