Wednesday, November 9, 2016

8 Quick Thoughts on the Election


I went to bed with the media saying Donald Trump had a 95%+ chance of winning the electoral college. Now that I've slept on it and seen the results here a just a few quick thoughts. There's certainly more I could say but I think I'll leave it at this for now:

1. Didn't see that coming.

2. I am grateful to God to not have an anti-marriage, anti-baby, anti-religious freedom, anti-constitution political party representing the office of president of the United States

3. Donald Trump is our new president. I commit to pray for him.

4. The longer God maintains religious freedom in this country the higher amount of responsibility we will be judged with. Let that sink in with the amount of time you spend with your Bible and how committed you are in your local church. We have no excuses. The more God blesses our nation economically the higher expectation the church has to be sacrificial in our giving. How will you use these blessings to commit to the advancement of God's kingdom?

5. Throughout the campaign I have not personally been able to trust Trump. And even now I'm more excited about who lost than who won. And I'm not sure about what the future holds for our country or how Trump will follow through on some of his campaign promises. I hope we will have Supreme Court justices committed to biblical principles. I hope our freedoms will remain in tact. I hate abortion. Trump was pro choice for a long time. I hope his views have really changed. See #3.

6. Some people are saying this is God's judgment on America. Others are saying this is a signal of hope that our Nation isn't as far gone as we thought. At this point, it's hard for me to fully agree with either spectrum. Time will tell.

7. I hope that a Trump presidency does not cause you to be complacent about the state of the Church or the state of our nation. Our great hope is heart change wrought by the Holy Spirit through the gospel. This is still much needed.

8. I am grateful for our country and all God has done in and through it. Let's pray for our governmental leaders and use the time God has given us here to strive for the advancement of the gospel throughout this nation and to the uttermost parts of the earth. Let's continue to pray for revival in our nation and Reformation in our churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment